Humans have a strong connection to nature and bringing nature into your immediate surroundings makes you calmer, more content, and as we’ve seen, more focused and determined. Outdoor activities like forest bathing and nature walks are shown to improve levels of stress and anxiety, and thus living with indoor plants can do the same or can be much more effective in today’s hectic day-to-day life schedule.
What are Indoor Plants?
Plants that require a low amount of light and water to thrive are typically known as indoor plants or houseplants. Indoor plants are popular because they are relatively easy to take care of, provide health benefits, and can be used in a variety of indoor décor themes that look adorable. Indoor plants are a superb option for those who have little yard space for an outdoor garden and loves to do gardening. Indoor gardening may endure longer than most because many houseplants improve health and mental well-being.
What are benefit of plants?
There are many benefits of growing Indoor Plants to humans:
Usually, plants carry many different scents, these smells can act as aromatherapy to our body that helps in relieving our day-to-day stress. The smell of flowers such as jasmine and lavender has been proven to relieve stress and in turn produce calmness in us and make us happier. These plants can be grown easily on a bright south-sided window. It provides a better state of mind, providing positive energy and an augmented sense of happiness.
2. Indoor Plants built up our work performance: Cleaner air, a better state of mind, and a healthier environment. Indoor plants can improve concentration, productivity, and well-being and can also boost memory when they are kept in offices. It also does make us feel a sense of accomplishment. The houseplants can recharge us helping us stay more alert and fending off tiredness.
3. INDOOR PLANTS ROLE IN REMOVING TOXINS AND POLLUTANTS FROM THE AIR (AIR-PURIFYING):
Many indoor plants clear the harmful chemicals (benzene, formaldehyde, xylene, toluene, etc.) that are very harmful and a common cause of headache. Other than that they also help in reducing the concentrations of harmful gas like carbon monoxide which can be lethal. Aloe Vera, Areca palm, Aglaonema, Snake plant, Peace lily, and Broad lady palm are some of the air purifying plants that play a major role in reducing indoor air pollution and providing us a better environment to live in and keep us heathy.
4. Plants help prevent allergies: the presence of houseplants is an extra consideration when it comes to the health and well-being of all age groups. Children with plants in their family home from an early age have a lower risk of allergies because of the development of a strong immune system.
5. Plants ensure a good night’s sleep: Air-purifying house plants create a better air climate in your bedroom and generate more oxygen. The beauty and soothing power of plants are so great that it makes you sleep better.
6. Indoor plants as a home décor:
Although growing indoor plants have many prominent and appreciable reasons, many people maintain them just to add beauty to the places. But it is also completely true that they add a distinct and unique look wherever they are placed. Growing indoor plants is an inexpensive way of adding colors to your home rather than investing in costly paints and arts which sometimes cause allergies in kids. Because these plants can turn any boring place into a warm and welcoming one with their eye-catching appearances and looks adorable.
Along with these houseplants has many innumerable benefits.
The best indoor plants that can be planted for healthy living are as follows:
· English Ivy.
· Bamboo Palm.
· Chinese Evergreen.
· Gerbera Daisy.
· Dragon Tree.
· Pot Mum.
· Peace Lily.
· Spider Plant…. and many more with such advantages to humans.
Household care of houseplants: Not all Houseplants require same type of attention but the basic care remains the same, here are some tip that will help you take care of your indoor plants,
1. Keep the potting soil moist- It’s important to make sure the soil is not too wet or too dry as soil composition provides your plant important nutrition. You can try our Organic Nutri-Shorts to give plants it one stop nutrition.
2. Make sure the plant pot has drainage holes in the bottom of the pot to prevent water logging.
3. Place your plant near a light source, whether it’s natural or artificial for optimum period.
4. Determine what species of plant you have so you can more accurately care for it and maintain its growth.
5. For proper maintenance and growth of plants application of fertilizers is important as it enriches proper development.
Advantages of plants: Household plants keep you healthier and happier, offering both psychological and physical advantages that include:
1. Improving your mood.
2. Reducing fatigue.
3. Lowering stress and anxiety.
4. Improving office performance and focus.
5. Boosting healing and pain tolerance.
6. Minimizing the occurrence of headaches by improving air quality.
7. Easing dry skin and respiratory ailments due to dry air.
One thing that should be remembered is that If you are planning to grow plants indoors, you need to learn about the type of plant you want to grow in terms of care, watering needs, soil moisture, and other important information to prevent the growth of mold and fungus and to benefit the most out of these plants and prevent it from damage.